Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Afternoon

Today I went to see Dr. Estey at the Hy Center building on 101 street and 110 ave. Got in at 9 am and didn't have much of a wait and then we were in his office. He told us what the side effects were and the other things that could possibly happen after an operation like this. I guess everyone that has an operation hopes and prays that they won't be in the 20% bracket. So I have a 1 in 5 chance of coming out with every thing working well after the operation. (HOPE & PRAY).
operation He did say again that it was a slow acting cancer and that he thought that we should be able to get it done some time in September. Then he sent us to the lady at the desk and she gave me an appointment for September the 17Th. at the Royal Alex Hospital. She explained that in the event of someone canceling we could be move up to an early date or a later date depending on the hospital, like a day or 2 one way or the other. He did say that he will be doing the Laprascopy where they go in with 2 small hole in the stomach area. He said that usually you are in the hospital about 2 days and then you go home. He did say that the recovery time was about 2 weeks if all goes well.Well it is very hot here but it looks like there might be a storm coming. Madison thinks so anyway. Well I think I will just lay around and take it easy for the rest of the day. Bob and Kristy are off to BC on a bit of a Holiday. Good for them. I pray that they will have a fun time together and with their friends.
Well that my store for today and I sticking with it. Bye for now

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Well, not what we wanted to hear, but now we can just relax and enjoy our summer...right?

Love you!