Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday Evening


Well here it is the end of the week again already. It has been a busy one for me. Today I went to breakfast with my friend Art at Happ's and then at 9 am. I headed out to my other friend Art (Barns) to help him with his shed that he is building. He had the wall all pre fabed. He built them the other day all by himself. Today we put them together and fastened them to the floor. We had a bit of a time to get them all straight. He is building it all out of junk wood that he is getting from different job site that he cleans up. They throw away lot of short pieces up to 4 ft. long. Some are just dirty and some have nail holes in and some there is nothing wrong except they are not quite 4 ft. long. His wall are made of 2x4 3ft.4 inches. and then we put them together to make a 6ft. 8 inch wall. It worked out real well. Then we went to Subway and had a sub and I headed home. Oh Art gave me a beautiful tool. It has lots of uses and all in a little pouch that goes on your belt. It is a multi purpose tool with a saw blade, pliers, different screw drivers, and all and I'm not even sure what else it has yet. Then I came home and mowed our lawn, then I just sat in the Sun for about an hour. It felt real good to just lay in the sun and take it easy for a change. All week I have been working for my buddy Henk putting laminate floor down in his house. We still have a couple of days to go but not until next week Monday or Tuesday. Then tonight I came down stairs after Wendy went to work and I practiced my harmonica because we have a gig tomorrow night in Devon. We are playing at a birthday party for a lady. It is her 75 th birthday I think and we will be her surprise. Tomorrow I have a deck to scrap dawn and stain and some flower boxes . Then my work around the house should be complete enough for me to go to the Lake for a couple of day and do a little fishing. Our back yard is beautiful. Well I think I will go up stairs and get some Ice Cream and watch a little TV and then hit the sack and call it a day. Oh a little update on my sister who had a couple of mini strokes last week. She is home now and says she is feeling fine. They have her on blood thinners of some kind but she assured me she was doing okay. I'd like to fly down for a week but I have an appointment with the surgeon on the 21st. and I don't want to miss that. I have been waiting long enough. Well I'm out of here . That my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Wow Dad - you've been busy this week!! Don't work yourself too hard! I'm sure Art appreciated all your help - thanks for helping him! I hope you do get to go to the lake this week, fishing should be relaxing!!

Enjoy your ice cream and watching tv, although knowing you, it's going to be pretty hard to watch tv with your eyes closed!!! haha

Also, glad to hear Aunt Bett is doing good - we are keeping her in our prayers!!

Love you,
KB