Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday Aug.13, 2007

So I guess it's about time I update this old blog eh? Well this morning I felt pretty good so off we went to meet with the Seniors for breakfast at A&W. It was the first time since July 9 th. I think. I got a big welcome from them all when we came in. They had 2 cards for me. It was good to see them all and tell my story about 10 times. Seniors don't remember sometimes or is it that Seniors always tell the same story over and over. Hmmmm. Well I really enjoyed being there again and chatting with them all. Come to think about it there was a couple missing(Vern & Irene and Allen & Susan and Murry & Amber). Oh well maybe they will make it next week. Sunday about 1pm. my friends Paul and Mandy stopped in to visit for about and hour. I also got a call from my friend Bob Couture from Dover Plains New York( where I lived for many years)giving me some bad news that my friend Bob Keller who I have known for about 55 years was in the hospital . Bob is about 78. Years ago him and I started a trailer park in Dover and it is still going today. In fact I have a favorite aunt Wayna that still lives there. She is in her 80's.
Well after breakfast Wendy and I came home and then we walked over to the Mall and did a bit of walking/shopping. Actually Wendy did the shopping and I walked to the bowling alleys and chatted with the guys there for about 1 1/2 hours. Then Wendy met me there and we walked home. She's kinda cute making sure I get my exercise eh? Don't know what I'd do with out her.
Last night we watched a movie(an old one Father of the Bride). We have seen it before but it was cute. Made me think of when our girls got married and how beautiful they all were on that big day. But I never cried once. No Sir not me. Sure do miss them now that they are all grown up and moved away but God has given me 3 great son in-laws to take care of them. Thank you Lord.
Well it is getting about time for supper eh? I must be getting better because I'm hungry a lot lately. Ha ha.
Well hope you all have a great day.
Ya all stop in some time ya hear.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Daddy,
Glad to hear you went to the seniors breakfast and had fun! It sounds like you and Mum had a busy day, with all that walking around. Good for you two!

Love you lots Daddy!
KB

Wendy said...

This was a good day! Too bad that you didn't feel very well the next... But the good days are outweighing the bad, so that's progress. Keep putting those pounds on as well!!

Love you!