Saturday, October 04, 2008

Oct. 4,.2008

Well this is way over due. Where do I start. We have been busy and with the great weather that seem to make things a little busier. Not a whole lot exciting has been happening. I caught a cold and that put me down for a few days. Wendy has been working quite often lately so I have just been doing things around here that need doing and that never seems to end. I ran out of wire and had to go get some more underground wire for the bird baths. I put 3/4" pipe into the ground behind each bath and ran underground wire to each one. Now I can just plug the wire into the outlet in the garage and I have power to each bird bath with out running extension cords all over. Digging the wire in was not a fun job with all the tree roots but with the axe and a good spade I got it in. I finished insulating the garage ceiling and now am just waiting for help to put the OSB board on the ceiling. Jorge and Tom are coming for Thanksgiving dinner maybe after dinner I can get them to help me put it up. The garage is about 13 1/2 ft. high so I really can't do it myself. Wendy and I have been walkng a bit lately. We have been walking around our lake here and it is just beautiful now.
Wendy's car overheated yesterday and weI got up at 5:45 this morning and drove to her job and we took the car to Fountain Tire and they are going to look at it on Monday. Not sure what that will cost but it has to be fixed. Good thing we have the third car's eh? She took the Saturn to work tonight. Tomorrow is her birthday so I baked a cake this afternoon. You probably didn't know that I am a baker too.
It sure has been quiet here since the kids moved. For the last 2 weeks we have gone to a Baptist church here in Lethbridge. Park Meadows I believe it is.

Tomorrow Tanya is going to run the 5 klms. for the Brest Cancer fund. I am going to meet them tomorrow morning about 9 and go watch and cheer her on and hopefully get a couple of pictures. Wendy's birthday is tomorrow and then on Monday our little Kellen is going to turn 3 and then on the 8th. it is Kristy birthday. So we have lots of birthday this month.
We still haven't got into a small group yet. We did go to 3 Seniors lunches. One with the Alliance Drive seniors, one with the Park Meadows Baptist and one with the seniors here in Picture Butte. I have been eating well anyway eh?
I still haven't found a music group yet but haven't looked to hard. Well I guess that about it for today. God Bless each one of you and have a great day.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey honey...good to see an update. Thanks for all the work you did to make the fountains look and work easier... And thanks for baking a birthday cake for me! I can't wait to try a piece... We'll have to check into getting into a small group soon and I'm sure there's a musical group around here somewhere (we're in a Dutch town!) that needs a lead harmonica player....

Kristy said...

Wow...Daddy!! Thanks so much for the update..sorry that I haven't commented on here and I need to update my blog too!

I will be praying that you find a group..

Love you!
KB

PS - do you want to come here for my birthday and make a cake?? LOL!! :-)