Saturday, December 01, 2007

December 1,2007


So where did the months go. Boy it has been a while since I blogged eh? Well I have to tell you all that I am finally feeling better. It has been a long 4 months. I still don't have all my energy back but it is coming slow but sure. I had a bladder infection that set me back a few weeks but I am over that now. It has taken a lot longer than I expected. I go for another PSA test on Dec. 14th. I have been staying pretty close to home since the operation. Wendy was waiting on me a lot and I kind of liked that but I think it has stopped a bit lately. Wendy has her name on the list for a new hip so when that happens I hope I can do lots for her until she is healed. She has been my strength through all of this. Thanks sweetie.
Well lets see what can I write about. I put a new set of kitchen faucets in our kitchen yesterday. I had to put new drains in our sinks as they were pretty old and when I put a little pressure on the pipe yesterday one broke and while repairing that one the other broke. sigh I think I went to Canadian Tire yesterday 4 times for parts. I think it would have been cheaper and a lot easier to call a plumber. In fact I did call one but he didn't seem to be to anxious to come over but did give me instruction on how to shut the water off . Thursday evening while finishing up the dishes about 9:30 pm. I went to shut the hot water off and it would not stop running. Something happen to the cartriage and it wouldn't shut off. I quickly ran down stairs to shut the water off in the house and the handle on the valve broke in my hand. Guess its been a long time since we shut the water off eh? I went back up stairs and got a pair of vice grips and tried to use them but it wouldn't even move so I went back up stairs and fooled around with the hot water tap and finally got it shut off. I thought good I'll wait until morning and call my plumber friend Ray. Well when I called him at 8 am. he suggested that I try again to shut the water off and told me how to do it and it worked.
Today Wendy and I spent about 3 hours looking at houses on the internet. Sure is a lot of houses for sale. Tonight we are going out to dinner with some friends and then I have to go to the Dutch Club and help them with their Christmas dance.
I have been practicing my harmonica a lot lately just maybe I get good eh? I think we have a few gigs this month and then we play on New Years Eve. If I sell my house and move I think the one thing that I'll miss the most is playing with the guys. For a bunch of old farts they are the greatest and for sure I will miss playing the gigs and practicing with them. I have been playing with them for the last 10 or 11 years now. I'm sure they will find someone to replace me.
Anyway I am feeling better and I think I'll be getting out a bit more now. Christmas is coming and I'm getting fat. Got to get out and do a lot more walking and maybe volunteering at the Church again eh? Staying home to much makes me grumpy as if I need and excuse eh?
Well we started our Mens group up again last Wednesday and that was great. There were 8 of us. Well I think thats about all I can think of to write about right now. I pray that you'll all have a great day and that God will bless each one of you reading this. Oh I am going to post a picture on this to show you how dangerous it is living with Wendy. Ha ha

1 comment:

Wendy said...

We both need to start walking again...have to hit the mall and fight the crowds, I guess...