Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday Morning Dec.29,2007

Wow where has the year gone. Wendy had been off for 4 days and we have had fun just hanging out together and watching (Lost) one of my Christmas gifts. It just didn't feel like Christmas with all my girl not being here. We were able to talk to all of them with the phone and the computer and see them with the web cam.
Well 2 more days and that will end this year eh? I have been practicing almost every night getting ready for our New Years Eve gig. That will be a busy evening. We have to set up at
4 :00pm. so not to disturb the evening meal and then I think we play while they are having dinner and then we take a break and they feed us. After that I think we play for about a half an hour and then break for 15 minutes while they do their presentation, then we are back at it for another half hour and it will continue like that until about 10 :00pm. Usually they pack it in about then and then we have to pack everything up and get out of there.
This is our Last gig with the Kompanions for the year and if I sell my house soon it might well be my very last gig with them. It has been lots of fun playing with Benny and Henk and I sure will miss them when I move. A couple of really neat guys. I am going to miss The Harmonica Rascals as well. I have been playing with them for the last 11 years. For sure I'll stay in touch and am hoping they can find a new lead player. Every time I am back in the city I'll have to stop in at The Golden Hour Clock shop and see my friends Ronnie and Hess. They are a couple of real nice people.
Well Wendy is back at work and I have to get things cleaned up around here just in case someone wants to show my house today. A lady called yesterday but we missed the call. sigh.

No comments: