Thursday, April 07, 2011

Thursday Morning.

Today started off on the wrong note. Must have got up on the wrong side of the bed or something. Ever had one of those days when you just didn't feel like doing anything but had so much to do?  Well that was my day.
First I noticed that last night one of the 4 Solor lights that I bought and put on my deck  post yesterday didn't light. So I took it off and brought it inside to look it over. Checked the battery and found that it had energy so I put it back together. Then the light came on and wouldn't go out. They are supposed to come on when it gets dark and go out when it gets light.Sigh. Tinkered with it a bit and put it back out on the post. Then thought that I would put the new toilet in our upstairs bathroom. We bought one of those high ones. 17 inches tall compared to the regular one's that are only 13 1/2 or 14 inches tall.
Wendy went off to work so I went out to the garage and brought it in. Opened the box and saw a big crack in the bowl. Called Wendy on the cell to find out where the bill was so I could take it back. Found the bill and loaded the toilet in the back of the truck and headed to Lethbridge to Totem's about 30kls. Got there and of course all the questions? Did you drop it  or bang it so had to find the guy that sold it to me and then they asked him if he checked it when I took it and he said no. Any way they gave me a new one and home I came.
Got home about 11:15am. and remembered that I had to take my car into the garage because the wheel bearing or at least it sounds like a bearing is  going bad.  They told me yesterday if I could bring it in that someone could give me a ride home if it was around noon.
Got back home and made some lunch. Went into the garage and opened the big bag of bird food and put it into 7 plastic pails. Yup you guessed it I split one all over the garage floor.sigh. That took a few minutes to clean up. Filled the feeder and put a few things away that I had left on bench. Took some boards out of the garage and put them in our shed.Then brought in a set of chimes that the string had broken and hopefully will be able to fix that later. Got a couple of phone calls and then read a bit more in my bible and played on the computer for a while. Then went out back and tried again to open the combination lock on my other shed because I have forgotten the combination.sigh. Guess I'll have to cut it off. Should have used a regular lock but had this sitting in the garage and thought it would be good and it would have if I hadn't forgot the combination over the winter.Ha ha. Oh well live and learn. If I don't remember by tomorrow I'll cut it off and get a new one with a key.. That's what happens when you get my age. 74. It is one of those thing that you hear happened to other people but never thought it would happen to you . ha ha. I have a good memory but guess it is aw full short lately. Been racking my brain for the last few hours but nothing yet.sigh.
Well it is getting late and Wendy will be home in a little while so better get supper on or I might get fired. Oh!!!! guess if your not getting paid you can't get fired eh???? Think I'll take a bit of a nap.
Well have a great day and God Bless you all. Hey I just noticed that my computer clock is an hour behind must be it didn't go to daylight savings time .Oh well.it is 4:35pm. right now.

2 comments:

Derrick said...

Floyd, did you try your birthday on that lock?

:-) (You never know!)

Have a good day and don't overdo it. Everyone needs a time to relax!

D

Wendy said...

I think the 3rd number is 32. I don't know why but try it, you never know!

Where on earth was that photo taken? It looks like you are wearing one of my sweaters - ha ha. I don't recognize the chair that you are snoozing in...

Thanks for all you do - love you!