Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 17, 2011

This morning we woke up to yup you guessed it MORE SNOW.  This is really getting crazy. The other thing that we woke up to was the power in our bedroom and part of our kitchen was out. At first I was thinking that maybe we had a leak in the roof and water had gone in to one of the electrical outlets. Then I was thinking just maybe one of our outlet plugs shorted out but then how would I find that??? Then I thought I should check the sump pump and when I checked that I found that it had no power and when I flipped the breaker again it buzzed and the breaker kicked out immediately. When I unplugged the sump and flipped the breaker it stayed on so then I knew it was the pump. We I had to play on the worship team this morning at church so after church I went into Lethbridge and bought a new pump. Guess the old one just shorted out. So $150.00 later all is well and the new pump is doing the job.

Well tomorrow we have to get up real early and take Wendy into the hospital. She has to be there at 6:20 am. She is first on the list tomorrow. She has been suffering for a long time and it will be good for her to walk around and not hurt. I guess she will probably hurt for a couple of day but it should go away soon.  It has been bothering her for the last 5 years. Just before we moved down here from Edmonton she had her name on the list and they called her and told her they could do it the first week in April but she canceled it because we were moving and she had just taken the job with the Police Department here in Lethbridge. That was 3 years ago. So it has been a long time. I will probably be at the hospital most of the day tomorrow and come home tomorrow evening. One of our friends is going to let Madison out about 12:30 or 1 tomorrow afternoon. Then she will be good until I get home. She is to old to leave outside in this cold weather. Poor old dog.
Well guess I should get ready for bed soon as 5am will come pretty quick eh?
Please pray for Wendy tomorrow.
God Bless you all and I pray that you will all have a good night.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Mum so much!!

More snow, we got some too...but now, it is finally melting and the sun has been shinning for the last couple of days, I think winter is finally here!!

I am glad that Mum is done her surgery and I pray that she will not be in pain for so long!

Love you Daddy!
KB

Wendy said...

I am SO blessed to have a man who knows how to fix what goes wrong around the house. I love you so much. Thanks for fixing that, babe.

Thanks for your prayers and help as we journey the hip-replacement trail together!