Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday, April 15, 2011

Well here it is Friday the 15th. already. Where does the time go? Well lets see what I can remember of the past 10 days. I had to go to the lab and get my blood work done again as I had a doctor's appointment today. They also did a cholesterol test as we were curious of how the BiosLife was working. I had to go to see Doctor Mohamed, my doctor here in Picture Butte, because I needed meds that I take for my heart but there was no more refill at the drug store so had to call him and make an appointment to get them ordered. While I was there he said that the blood test came back and that the cholesterol was fine. That means the BiosLife is doing the job. He also told me that my PSA test was .02 which was less than the last time I went. Not sure he was supposed to tell me that but he did.

Today I went to see the cancer doctor in Lethbridge and he told me that the PSA test was good 0.2 and that I have to go to the hospital on May 6, for another treatment. I don't have to go back to him until December15.

Well yesterday we woke up to about 10 inches of new wet and heavy snow. I thought it was about 6 inches when I got up but the guys at coffee actually measured it and said I was wrong. Shows what I know, eh?? They said that last year on the same day we had snow. April 14th. Guess they keep track of things like that. On Wednesday I was out back painting a large trellis we have in the back yard and did a bit of raking and cleaning up of some large branches that had fallen or broke off of our willow tree. Then to wake up to all that snow was not nice.Oh well it's Alberta, right????

After we went to the doctor we stopped in to see Tanya and Tom and the little ones. We got home about 11:30 and Wendy made lunch. Then I put our new toilet in the upstairs bathroom. Took me about 4 hours to take the old one out and put the new one in. Kind of slow in my old age but it all went well and no leaks at the end. Wendy spent the afternoon making bread and scones. She won't be doing any baking for a while so thought that it would be good to get it done now.

Tomorrow we have a men's breakfast and Pete had asked me to give my testimony. So guess I should think a bit about that before I go to bed. Our breakfast is at 8 a.m.tomorrow morning.Won't have much time to think about it then as I have to help the guys cook and get the tables all set up.

Oh, my computer was down all day yesterday as we had no power from about 10 till noon. The snow was just so heavy that some of the lines were down. After the power came on my computer wouldn't come on. I talked to Tom today and he told me what to do to get it going again, so now I am back on line.

Oh, by the way our cell number are no longer any good as we canceled our cell phones. Just too much money for us and we weren't using them much anyway.We are going to use an old number that Mandy and Jorge had before they left for Chile.

Well, that's all for today. I pray that you will all have a great week. I would ask that you pray for Wendy as her operation is at 6 a.m. Monday morning. She will probably be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days. I will try to keep you all informed some how. I might just have Tanya post things as to what going on. on FaceBook or e-mail.

God Bless you all.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanks, again, for all you did today, honeybun. The toilet is fabulous and I hope I remember it is higher when I stumble in there in the middle of the night ;)

Tanya can't update people on FB as she is off there until Easter, remember? She can send out emails though. I'm sure everything will be fine and as long as you are by my side, we'll get through it together!

I love you!!!