Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday March 26, 2007 Good News, Bad News.

Hi everyone. Guess it's about time I updated this old Blog eh? Well as you all know Wendy and I went to Chile for 3 weeks and had a wonderful time. Watched our youngest daughter get married again for the Second time to the same man. They were married on Nov. 4th. 2006 at Beulah Alliance church and then in Chile for Jorge family on March 10th. 2007. We met all of Jorge family and friends. They are a lovely family and we enjoyed getting to know the all.
Well before we left I went to the Hospital and they did a biopsy of my prostate. The doctor was going to call us and give us the results before we left but he didn't. Smart doctor because the news wasn't good and it probably would have ruined our trip. When we got home there was a few messages on the phone to call him as soon as we could. The bad news is that I have Prostate Cancer. The good news is that we caught it at an early stage and the doctor says there is a very good chance of cure. Being uneducated on the whole thing we felt so inadequate and confused on which of the 3 options the doctor gave us. (2 types of radiation or surgery). There are some brutal side effects for all 3. We made an appointment with our GP and he walked us through the whole thing and looked at all the pro's and con's of the 3. Because I have IBS and take medicine for that our GP recommended surgery. So that's the way we are going to go. I would just ask you all for your prayers as we go through this thing in the next few weeks. I realize that it is all in Gods hands. If God has more for me to do here on earth he won't let anything happen to me and I trust Him with all my heart. God has been so good to our family and I know he will continue. I feel great and don't have any of the symptom's. So that the NEWS in a nut shell. (A large nut shell eh?) Just pray that God will give my 3 daughters, 3 son in-laws, grandchildren and my beautiful wife Wendy peace of mind as we go through this.
So what is this weeks challenge Tanya. We are all waiting. Is it the letter F, cause I have a lot of FUNKEY things around the house. Ha ha
Oh! I almost forgot. We had a wonderful weekend with Tanya,Tom,all the grandkids and Kristy and Bob. It was a house full but I loved it. I have the greatest family and I love them all.
Today I bowled and did really good for and old fellow. ( 204,201 and 172 ) not bad eh?

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi Daddy!! Love you lots and we will be praying! Thanks for all your love! We need to remember - God is in control!!!!

Love you with all my heart.
KB

Wendy said...

I'm right here beside you all the way, babe... It's just a bump in the road and we've been through lots of them. It'll be one more thing that will bring us closer to our Lord.

I love you!!

Tanya said...

I love what you said Mum "just a bump in the road." Absolutely. Loving you and praying for you Daddy.

I had such a great weekend with you and a little 3 year old at my house has been asking since we got home when her "Papa" is coming over! We miss you already!