Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday evening.

I got a knock on my door at 10:00 this morning and it was The Future Shop Del. truck with our new Dryer. Our old one died just the other day. Mum told me yesterday that she bought me a new dryer for Christmas. Just what I always wanted. Ha ha.Well we needed it with everyone coming for Christmas. So I got out the tools and went and bought some pipe and elbows(Metal ) because the guy said that we shouldn't use the plastic flex pipe because the new dryer are much hotter that the old ones. However it will probably take a few days as I will have to run a whole new pipe out and it is above the electric panel. LOL. Well the first thing was that the cord was about 4 inches shorter that the old one and it wouldn't reach so I went to the store and measured a few others and they are all the same size. Seems they make them shorter now. (Why) Who knows but they do. So I had to run a new box in from the electric panel. Then I find out that I will have a bit more problems cutting thru a wall and some floor joist to get that stupid metal pipe to fit up in to the top of the electric panel to the dryer vent. I hope I can get it done tomorrow before everyone gets here but not sure. I'll try. I find that I get a bit grumpy when things don't fit or work just right. I must be getting old eh?? Sounds like a good excuse to me. Well so much for my day today.

No comments: