Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thursday Morning and Snowing


Well here it is Thursday and it is snowing like mad outside. Looks nice from inside but now I should go out and shovel the drive and sidewalk eh?? Maybe if I keep typing Jorge will do it eh? Just got an e-mail from my Sister in Flordia telling me how warm it is down there(sigh). Oh well what would we do with temps about 77% F?
Well last night I had a Mens Group here from 7 to 9 but they didn't get out until 10pm. What an awsome bunch of men. They sure all love The Lord. You could just sence that God was here with us all evening. They are talking about a group of us getting together and going to Hope Mission and helping there when they need us. They are looking into it now, also The Mustered Seed and The Bissel Center.
Well after the guys left Mum came out and she had Alias Season 4 in her hand so Mandy, Jorge, Wendy and I watched the first one (Only). We would have watched more but Mandy had to go to work this morning.
Yesterday I bowled in the morning at ED's at West Edmonton Mall. I had a pretty good day. My first game was 156 with 3 splits and a miss then the second game I bowled 246 and the 3rd. I bowled 215. Not bad for an old man eh? Right now my average is 177 but I'm sure it will go up a few pins after that 617 for 3. I really enjoy bowling. This afternoon I have to practice a bit on my Harmonica because We play Friday evening at Lynwood Nursing Home with The Harmonika Rascals. Then we have a practice on Sat. morning with The Kompanions for our New Years Eve Gig at The Iron Wood Estates in St Albert. We are booked for new years to 2008. Hank is the youngest and he is 69, I'm 70 and Benny is 74. In the Rascals there is 6 of us and we are all over 70 except Hank. Next year we can say we are all over 70 haha. Guess we are not the youngest group on the block eh? They are all a great bunch to play with. Well I don't hear the sound of shoveling so guess I should go out and do it. Ha ha.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Dad - you are so good at bowling, and it sounds like you had 3 great games! Good for you! I am so glad that you are able to go and do something you like to do. I remember when we were kids, you used to bowl.

As far as your Harmonica groups go - I love all the men in your groups and I love listening to you all play - you are such a wonderful group! Like you say, may not be the youngest bunch of guys, but I have to say, you are lots of fun!

I love you so much Daddy!

KB

Tanya said...

I was thinking the same thing KB! I'm lucky if I can get in the low 100's LOL I am so glad you are able to go bowling so often. I always remember showing off all of your bowling trophies to my friends when I was little. Sure was, and still am, proud of you! (oops, I'm turning into KB!LOL)

That is so great that your harmonica groups are keeping busy. I really enjoy listening also.
Sorry about the snow, we woke up to snow here too but it is mostly melted now. Gotta love it here!

Can't wait to see you soon Dad!!

Anonymous said...

haha, Tanya, you're turning into me!!! Too funny! Oh, I remember all the trophies Dad had, I too was proud to show them off too. :-)

Love you Daddy and Tanya!
KB

santanaespaƱol said...

hi dad,
dont worry i see your web page... see you...

Wendy said...

Same I said for KB, goes for you, Honey!! Come on... new news, please! Four days is a long time to leave your blog looking the same.....

Love you!