Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27th.2010

Today is a real rainy day. I guess we do need the moisture and it is pretty dry. Well lets see where do I start? Last week end on Friday evening Tanya and I and the kids drove to Southern Alberta Bible Camp. It was a first for me and the kids but I think Tanya has been there once before with a ladies group. We arrived about 7:30 and registered and unloaded the car. It was pretty well packed. They gave me a room in the lodge and Tanya and the kids had a cabin. The cabins will sleep 10 but they had it all to their selves. They are heated and have lights so it was real nice. My room in the lodge was really nice. It had a queen size bed and I had my own bathroom with a tub and shower. We went to the service that evening and then packed it in after a snack in the dinning room. The food for the week end was just great.We had breakfast on Saturday and then we went to the service. They had a program for the kids and they all liked that. We had about 68 kids there. Most of our church family were there for the weekend. I think it was about 7 couples and then Tanya and I and a couple of single ladies . Some other people came on Sunday for church. It was a real enjoyable time for every one. Our kids had a blast Adrie and Mellisa (Art and Liz daughter) got along fine and spent a lot of time together.Eri and the rest of the kids were busy playing all week end. Amie climbed the climbing wall about or 6 times and went right to the top. I believe we all had a great time and the kids didn't want to go home. (Figures)
I have been a bit busy around the house and yard. Rototilled the garden and planted some tomatoes and pepper plants. I planted Wendy bulbs and she had some plants that I planted too. I mowed the lawn and did the church also. I closed in our deck with some while plastic lattus and that looks really nice and will keep the cats and the dog from going under it. I had to crawl under and screw some boards underneith to attach the lattus to. The next day I was a bit stiff but not to bad.On Wed. evening I went to the Seniors club and took the test for a boat permit. This year it is mandatory that every one has to have if you use a motorized craft of any kind. 4 of the guys that I have coffee with also took it and we all got our cards. It cost $80 but is a one time thing.

Today I went to Pastor Pete and Mary's for lunch . Cleaned the house and did a wash and then went to Lethbrige and picked up Kellen and Amie. We are invited out tonight with Travis to the restaurant next to the Bakery on main street at 5:30pm. Not sure what it is called. Sure will be glad when Wendy gets back. I am not big on doing the laundary but rand out of socks, jeans, and underwear. Sure do miss my beautiful wife. She is coming home on Tuesday. She arrives on Tuesday morning at 9:30am.
Well guess that it for now . God Bless you all and have a great week end.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the family camp....I remember all the fun times we used to have at Nakamun Family Camp!!

I love you Daddy...I also love reading your blog. Sorry I don't comment all the time! I'm sure you are so excited to have Mum come home and I know she will be excited to see you too!! Once she is home we can have a skype date and then we can talk in person!

LOVE YOU!!!!
KB