Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15, 2010

Well here it is Saturday May 15th. 7am. in the morning and I am blogging. What's wrong here?? ha ha. I have been going to blog but seems I always find something else to do. sigh.

Well as you all know Wendy is in Chile with Mandy and Jorge. I hope you all get time or take the time to read Wendy's blog. It's a long one but worth reading about their trip to Chile. I sure do miss her. Oh well it only for 2 more weeks.

I have been busy doing lots of things around here. I have the base for my new shed all finished and today I am going to put the plywood down on the base for the floor. Then I will be ready to put up the walls. It is an aluminum shed so I'll have to do it on a nice day when there is no wind.

I have been busy putting the base to the shed together. I cut down one of our trees that the wind blew over. That took me almost a day and then I had to take it to the dump. It only took 2 trips. I mowed our lawn and the church lawn. I find I really enjoy using my little lawn tractor.

The guy I used to play music with went with another band for a while but called me the other day and wanted to get back together and play again. Guess the band didn't work out for him. On Wednesday I went with him and we played in Cardston about an hour and a half from here. We played at 2 pm.until 3:30 then packed everything up and went to Magraft and played there from 7 to 8:30 pm. I didn't get home until 10 pm. so it made a long day for me. I really enjoyed it and it was fun to get back into playing again. I was a bit rusty but didn't miss to many notes and hopefully I covered up the ones I did miss. The people seemed to enjoy our music so that was good.

On Thursday I worked around here in the yard and then in the afternoon went to watch my granddaughter Erylin play soccer. She sure is cute and did a real good job playing..

Yesterday I trimmed up the lawns and and then went to lunch with my son in law Tom. He gave me a tour of the place he works. The Mirical Channel in Lethbridge. We went to the Guest House for lunch and as usual I ate too much. But it was really good. Then I came home and Barry called and wanted me to go with him to Lethbridge and talk to a lady at the Lethbridge Senior Center about doing a gig there for June 30th. So off to Lethbridge again I went and we met and talked to her and we got the job. It is playing at the center for a dance they are planning for the 30th of June. We will play from 8 to 11pm. This may lead to more jobs there I hope.
Next Friday I will be playing here at the Lodge here in Picture Butte at 2 pm and then Tanya and the kids and I are going to family came with our church. Tom can't go. It should be lots of fun and I think the kids will really enjoy it. Most of our church family is going . Sounds like fun.

Well today I am going to put the floor down on the shed and then maybe do a little fishing right here in the lake. I have a brand new smoker that I have never used. Wendy and the kids bought it for me a couple of years ago and it has been sitting on a shelf in the shed. Now all I have to do is catch some fish. haha.

Well I should go for coffee and then get some work done. I am playing on the worship team on Sunday at the church and that will be fun. I haven't played for a few weeks now so it will be fun to do again.
Have a great day and my God Bless you all.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Good blog, honey - you sure sound busy!! It will be good to see you use your smoker - that was a looong time ago, I think!

I love you and miss you...see you soon!