Tuesday, April 06, 2010

April 6, 2010

Well we have a new little grand-son. Levi Jorge Santana was born yesterday at 10:21 am.and weighed in at 7lbs-14ozs. Looks just like his brother Josiah.

We have had a busy few weeks.Mandy and Jorge and little Josiah flew in to Calgary on the 25th of March. Wendy's sister and her 2 children arrived here on the 26th and stayed until yesterday around 11 then left and headed back to Edmonton. Our niece Samantha (Cynthia's daughter)drove down on 31st. So we had a house full of people. We were a little tight on sleeping quarters but with air mattress we survived. We all had a great time visiting and talking about old time's as usual. Seems like that is what we do when we all get together. Wendy and Mandy and the girls played a few games and Josiah, Andrew. Jorge and I watched the Incredibles lots of time. As usual when we all get together we had lots and lots of real good food. I think I gained a few pounds but things like that happen when your having fun eh?

Then early yesterday morning Mandy went into labor and little Levi was born at 10:21a.m. They are coming home in a little while. Mandy just called and said they were packing up and coming home. Little Levi sure is cute. We have been praying that he would come a bit early so Jorge could spend some time with him before he goes back. He is flying back to Chile on the 25 or 26 I think and then Mandy and the 2 little ones are flying back on May 9th. Wendy is flying back with Mandy and the 2 boys and will stay there for 2 weeks. I thought of going with them but with money being a bit tight and then I would have to put the dog in the dog pound(another $300) plus I am waiting for the doctor and hope to find out when I have to go for the radiation treatments. I have lots of things that should be done around here so it is just as well.

We had a great church service on Good Friday and again on Sunday. We have the greatest church family. They are all so nice it makes you want to go to church more often. I still can't get over how supportive they are to my family. Just a lovely bunch of people wit a real heart for God.

Well guess I should go do something. I have a new shed to put up and a small deck and stairs on my new sun room to build and here I set at this stupid old computer. Know the feeling??????

Well that is my story for today and I am sticking with it. May God truly Bless you all today.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It sure was a busy few days, wasn't it, honey? Thanks for all you did to help with keeping the household running smoothly!

I know there's lots to do in the yard and deck right now, but it can all wait - don't do too much. I hope Jorge can help you with the deck before he goes back...

I'm actually leaving you for 3 weeks (eeek) - that sounds like a long time, doesn't it? Maybe I'll come back sooner.

Love you!

Kristy said...

I'm so happy to see you blogging again Dad! I just updated mine too! I am so happy you have a new grandson, and I have a new nephew! You will have to make sure you kiss him for Aunty Kristy!!

I know you guys have been busy, as it's hard to catch you two on line!

Love you and miss you lots Daddy!!
KB