Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16, 2010

We have had a real busy week around here and it doesn't look like it is going to slow down this week either. April 13,Tuesday,I had a seniors breakfast at 8 am. then a quick coffee at Eddies with the guys and came home an found CTV in my living room doing and interview with Mandy and Jorge. Little Levi seem to be the star in all that. It just seems that we have been so busy. I have been working on my deck and on Saturday I put the 2x6's on the deck. On Sunday Mandy and Jorge had little Levi dedicated at the church. I played on the worship team and after church Tanya, Tom and all the little's came for lunch. Then in the evening Jorge did a information night at the church and explained about the earthquake in Chile and showed some pictures. Than right after that everyone headed for the gym as the ladies had a baby shower for Mandy and Levi. The guys went to another room and I led the Men's meeting that we have every Sunday evening.

Then Monday I cut and routed out 2 more 4x4's for post for the deck. I cut and made some spindle for the deck. Tuesday was another busy day with interviews for Mandy and Jorge I believe it was Sunny South News and Jorge met with Global news in Iron Springs and did another interview. I helped pastor Peter with the boys at the church. We have floor hockey for the boys in the community. We only had about 12 boys out because it was snowing an blowing. Normally we get about 18 to 20 boys out every Tuesday afternoon.

Wednesday morning we woke up and had no power because we had a real bad storm on Tuesday evening. We lost power about 3:30am. that morning. We had real heavy snow and lots of wind and it blew over many telephone and light poles. We got up and made breakfast down stairs using our gas stove to boil water and make pancakes. Wendy lit the oven and we used that for heat for a while. It kept the house nice and warm. We got electric back on about 3 that afternoon. Some of the people in Iron springs still don't have electric and they are saying maybe a few more days before they will get all the poles fixed. The snow was so heavy you couldn't shovel it. The roads weren't too bad and I had to go into Lethbridge for an interview with the Immigration dept for my permanent resident card and they said DO NOT MISS THIS INTERVIEW but when I got there the office was closed because that end of the city had no power. Go figure. I just left a note saying that I was there and came home.

Thursday was a bit slower day and I worked on the deck some more and put up some of the railing. Friday I finished the railing and then went to the school for a Chilean Chili supper put on by The Huntsville and Sunny Side schools to raise money to help build some new homes for the people at Jorge and Mandy's church in Yumbel.

Today is Saturday and Mandy and Jorge have gone to Calgary to get little Levi's passport and then they are headed to Lacombe where they will stay overnight and then go to Edmonton tomorrow.

Oh yesterday after waiting for 3 weeks I got a call from the Holy Cross Cancer hospital and I have to be there Wednesday the 21st at 9:30 am. for an appointment. They want to try to find out if I have to start Radiation treatments in Calgary or if I can wait until June when the new clinic is opening here in Lethbridge.

I got a phone call yesterday afternoon and now have a new appointment for my resident card on Tuesday the 20th at 10 am.

Then on April 22nd we have to drive back to Calgary to take Jorge to the airport. He is going back to Chile and then Mandy and Wendy and the two boys are flying out on May 9th. Wendy is going to help Mandy with the 2 boys and stay for about 3 weeks. Guess it will be pretty quiet around here for a while until she gets back. I hope to get lots of little projects done around here and that will keep me busy while she is gone. Well today I am going to repair the stairs for the deck. I am using the ones that were by the back door and they need a bit of TLC.

Wendy has a doctors appointment this morning at 11:30. Guess we will be headed to Lethbridge soon.

Have a great day and may God Bless you all.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow...your blog is like a daytimer - if I need to know when and where I am doing something, I can just check here...ha ha.

Good job, Honey! The deck and railings look fabulous.

a Christian said...

I've been wondering how you're doing thesse days so was glad to see an update but I wasn't expecting so much! I almost got tired just reading it! You'd better slow down a little ... but it sounds like you're having fun and that's nice.

Love to you all from sunny (at last) France!