Monday, January 04, 2010

Monday Jan. 4, 2010

Happy New Year everyone. So where did 2009 go and how quickly it went past. They say time flies when you are having fun. We must have had fun right? Well here it is 2010 and I never thought that I would be around to see it. Like my friend Bill says (If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself).
We have had a lot of fun this past year and met a lot of nice people. I really enjoyed building our sun room and thanks God for giving me good health so I could complete it. We have had our up's and down's but there were more up's than down for sure. Some of our downs could be called up's if we look at them properly. Are you confused yet ??? I am. sigh.
Last year my son in law Bob's grandpa passed away and it brought him home here in July and then Kristy flew home for a few weeks so though it was sad for Bob we did get to see him and Kristy because of it, so out of something bad came something good. Then one of our best friends, Dagmar Tjart in Edmonton passed away. We went to Edmonton for her memorial service and while we were there we got to meet many old friends that we hadn't seen in a long time who came to the service. So again out of something sad something good came because of it. A lot of people will surely miss her and her pleasant smile. I pray daily for her husband Dave as he continues life with out her.
Our daughter Mandy and her husband Jorge and their little son Josiah moved back in with us in early summer. That gave us a bit of time to spend with them until Jorge got a job as a Pastor in Yumbel Chile. They are expecting a new little one in April.
We got a new addition to ur family 3 months ago when our little grand daughter Sophia came. What a blessing and a cutie she is to the Lister family and ours.
We started going to the E-Free Church right here in Picture Butte and are really enjoying it. We have met and become friends with so many nice people. I have been playing on the worship team for the past couple of months and that is a lot of fun.
I have been playing harmonica with my friend Barry Kreick. I really enjoy playing with him. He calls us The Runaway Rascals. This has kept me pretty busy and like I said I am really enjoying it.
We had a great summer and a few great BBQ's with all of us getting together. We have made some real good improvements in our flower garden with Jorge's help. I have enjoyed mowing our lawns with my new garden tractor with the 42 inch mower. Wendy bought me a 48" snow blade and tire chains for it and they should be in next week. Then I will be able to move some of this silly snow away eh? We got to go camping,fishing and took a trip to Halifax Nova Scotia and stayed with our good friends Bob and Lynne Dorland who we haven't seen in about 5 years. We had a great time with them for 3 weeks. What a wonderful couple they are and it was so good to spend time with them.
Well I pray that God will Bless you all this new year (2010) and may it be a wonderful year for you all.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Phew! You let me off the hook, honey! I felt I needed to blog about last year and now I don't have to...good summary!

And, yes, the ups have definitely outweighed the downs and God has blessed us again...

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Good to see that you are writing on your blog some more Daddy..as Mum said, that was a good summary of this past year:)

Love you lots Daddy!

Mandy