Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jan.30,2010

Well here it is the end of the month and my beautiful wife sort of made me feel a bit guilty for not blogging lately. She is probably right I don't blog often enough but you have to remember that I'm retired,Old and forgetful. So because I am retired I don't have a schedule and because I'm old I don't always remember that I should blog. Oh well you get the idea eh??
Well lets see? The weather here has not been to bad lately but it has been a bit cold. We have very little snow right now but they say that we are due for some more. sigh. If it snows now I am ready for it. Got my tractor with the chains and the plow just setting inside of the garage door ready and waiting.

Today I am going to take the carpet in our bedroom up and put laminate flooring down. Well it will probably take me a while to do that so it won't be done in a day. More like a week or more. Wendy and I moved everything out of the bedroom yesterday and took the bed frame apart so I can cut it down. It is a bit to high now that we are getting older. ha ha. So that will be what will keep me busy for a while.

Wendy and I have been working at our Church a bit lately. She has been fixing up and organizing the Library in the church and I have been doing odd little repairs around the church like putting hinges on a cabinet door, wiping down all the pews and putting furniture polish on them. They really look good and probably haven't been done in a while. I took the light fixture covers down in the library and cleaned them all up. It's a cute little church and I am enjoying doing some of the little things around there. Next week on Saturday morning we are planning a Men's breakfast. The Pastor and I are going to do the cooking. It will be our first Mens meeting so not sure how many men will come. I'm hoping 10 to 15 guys will show up.
Well on Thursday evening Barry and I played at the Picture Butte Senior Center from 7:15 until 8:30pm. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it and it was a lot of fun for us.

Today I am going to meet Tanya, Tom and Wendy and we are going to look at a house that they are thinking of buying. I'm excited for them. Well that about it for today. Hope you all have a great week. My brother in law in France, Derrick says that they have lots of snow over there and they haven't had snow like this for years. Sorry Derrick. I have a brother in law in North Carolina Bryan who just had a back operation and is healing well I hope.
Well it is almost coffee time and I wouldn't want to keep the guys waiting eh?? We only try to solve half the worlds problem in the morning and then in the afternoon we solve the other half. ha ha. Have a great day and God Bless you all.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I didn't mean to make you feel guilty...honest. I need to be more faithful myself. Thanks for doing the bedroom - it will look nice and the carpet is long due to be pulled.

I'm excited to see how many men come out for the breakfast...maybe you should invite some of your coffee buddies!

You were the hit of the show on Thursday night!! You did so good, honey, and I was proud of you! The Orange Blossom Special and the other one that changed keys really demonstrated how well you play!! You're famous in PB now!

See you at noon...at the house Tan and Tom are looking at.

Love you!