Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 26,2009

This morning I went to church by my self because Wendy had worked last night and was sleeping when I left. I stopped by Tanya's and picked up Kellen and Adriana because Tom had gone to church early as he was playing on the worship team so he went in early and took Erylin with him. Tanya had little Amelie home sick with a fever so they didn't go. After church I took Kellen home and chatted with Tanya for a bit and then Adriana came home with me and we had lunch. Wendy made a Sheppards pie for supper at the church tonight. We had a pot luck supper at the church and a couple and their family who are missionaries in Russia (St Petersburge) spoke after supper. There was lots of good food and fellowship there for sure. We had a great time.
Wendy has to work in the morning and I have a doctors appointment at 10am. So we will probably hit the sack early.
On Thursday Wendy and I went to the senior center. They meet once a month and celebrate all the birthdays for the month of April. They have cake and coffee and usually have some sort of entertainment. They had a fellow who had a key board and he played a guitar with the music he had recorded on the keyboard. I talked to him after and mentioned that I play the Harmonica and he said we should get together and jam a bit and see if we could put something together as he don't like playing by himself. We are getting together this coming weekend. So who knows maybe I will be playing with him if we can make it work. He also sings. He plays a lot of the old songs and I know most of what he plays. Who knows maybe it will be the bigining of something eh? I am really looking forward to next weekend. It has been a year since we left Edmonton and I really miss the music. I practice at home some times but it is not the same and not much fun by yourself. We bought a new keyboard and I have to learn how to play that. It has a pre programed rythem section and I can record on it also. Hopefully I'm not to old to learn how to play it a bit eh? I think it will be fun learning.
Well that's all for now folks so until next time I pray that you will all have a great day and God Bless you all.

2 comments:

Derrick said...

It's nice to catch your news, Floyd. Hope you have a lot of fun with your new music partner -- if you record something, don't forget your faithful European customers. :)

The Million Dollar Family! said...

I hope that you have found someone that you can play your music with. I am sure that you will be able to figure out your new keyboard! Love you lots!!