Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wow it's been a long time since I have posted on here so guess I should eh?
Well today was a nice warm day and Wendy and I went to the senior center and then we were taken to a beautiful cabin in coulees. The owner of the Home Hardware store here in Picture Butte also owns this little island here. It is a beautiful place and they took about 30 seniors to visit. On the Island is a beautiful cabin complete with a glassed in deck. The cabin has solar power for light. The fridge is gas as the kitchen stove. They have a wood stove for heat.
They have built a beautiful Tree house that is built between 6 trees about 25 feet in the air. They are in the process of building a games room not to far from the house. They served us all lunch.It was an enjoyable time. Wendy and I walked along some of the paths that go around the island. Wendy took lots of photos.
Then about 2 pm. we got home and I mowed our 4 lawns with my new tractor. Sure didn't take long. We had supper about 6pm. and then drove into Lethbridge to Tanya and Tom 's and we all went out to the Dairy Queen for Ice cream. The kids enjoyed that as well as us adults.
Yesterday Barry Kriats brought over his keyboard and guitar and we jammed from 7:30pm. to 10:30pm. He seems like a real nice guy and very talented.He plays both the guitar and the keyboard and has lots of musics that he has pre recorded on his keyboard. He normally plays gigs by him self but has invited me to play with him. This was our second practice or get together. He has invited me to play a couple of gigs with him. Our sounds blend together really will and he also sings. It was fun to get back into playing my harmonica's.
Tomorrow it is supposed to be nice again and I hope to get our garden in or some of it anyway. I also want to mark out where the foundation for our new sun room is going to be. I have to dig down 4 feet for the footing. They want it below the frost line. Yesterday we got our permit in the mail to build it so it is a go. I only need 2 holes 2 foot square and 4 feet deep. Talked to Tom tonight and he said he will give me a hand digging them. Tomorrow night I am going with Tom and 4 or 5 guys from the church to the movies in Lethbridge. I not a big fan of movies but it is fun getting together with Tom and the guys.
Well it is about 11:20 pm. and I think that I should get to bed. Hope and pray you all have a great night and a great day tomorrow. God Bless you all.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

So...that's what you were doing last night...ha ha. It's good to see you blogging again! It was a fun day at the island and you have done such a good job in the garden. Are you going to post the photos of you rototilling the garden?

You and Barry sound really good together - it's good to hear you playing again...