Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 23,2009


Yesterday was a bit windy but a warm day. I took 2 loads of tree branches and stuff that I raked up off the lawns to the dump. It was nice and warm and it was fun to be outside. Today we woke up to a real dump of snow and -3 temperature. It started about 7 pm. last night. The wind blew really hard all night and it snow until this morning. We had about 4 to 5 inches on the ground and about 14 inches on top of my truck where it blew off the garage roof and onto the truck. Right now it is about 6C and the snow is melting. Hopefully it will all melt. Yesterday I mowed the front and the back lawn with my new tractor. It didn't take long with the 42" mower. Guess I'll have to wait a couple of days before I try to mow the other 2 lawns. The snow should be good for the ground as it is really wet and heavy. A lot of the plants were starting to come up so I hope the snow don't freeze them off.
We had Clayton , Amanda and their 2 little girls over for supper last night and had a great time visiting. Wendy made a beautiful garlic chicken dinner and a trifle to go with it. They had to leave early as it was snowing pretty hard and the roads were starting to get bad.
Today we didn't do much just sort of hung around the house, watched a bit of Tv and then had lunch. I went to the town office here in Picture Butte and applied for a building permit to add about 8 foot to our back room. We want to put some big windows in it so we can sit out there and see the back yard and all the pretty flowers in the summer and the snow in the winter. ha ha. Right now it is just a 6 foot by 14 foot room and the windows are really small and high. Not really a place you would want to sit at the moment.
Wow, here it is 4:25 pm already and it seems like I have done nothing all day. Maybe I should practice my music a bit or try to learn a bit on our new keyboard.

Have a great day and God Bless you all.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

The porch will be so nice and a fun venture to do together... Okay, you'll probably be doing most of the work but you know what I mean.

Good blog, hon.

Love you!

a Christian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Derrick said...

As always, it's nice to read you, Floyd. I can't believe your weather there, so changeable! You look good in your new sports car but don't you have to wear a seat belt? Looks like you forgot to put it on! :)

Floyd said...

Don't need one it has a switch built in the seat and if I fall off the tractor will shut off. ha ha