Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tuesday Seniors Lunch

This morning Jorge and I headed off to Beulah at 10:30 to serve at the seniors lunch which happens once every month. We got there and put our aprons on and joined the others in getting the food ready for our seniors. We finished about 2:30. The ladies and the guys really enjoy working with Jorge. I think he really enjoyed it too. They all thought that it was so nice to have a young fellow helping. They all thought that it was cute that he called me Dad. 2 of the ladies asked if they could call him if they had a few jobs around the house that they needed help with. I thought that was neat. One of the Ladies was from Brazil and they chatted for quite a while. Jorge just fit right in and was helping mash pototes, loading trays, serving coffee and tea, picking up empty plates and cleaning up in the kitchen. For me it was just another day at the office but for him I think he really enjoyed working with all the guys and ladies and feeling at home while do it.
So that was our day and who knows what tpmorrow sill bring eh??

1 comment:

Kristy said...

WOW - it sounds like you two had a fun day! I know I talked to Jorge last night, and he said he had fun with you. That is so awesome that you two are doing stuff together! Although it still amazes me, you are helping at the seniors lunch, when techincally you could go to the seniors lunch.

I love you so much Daddy!