Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day.  Well here it is February 14th. and here I am typing on this silly old computer.  My sweetheart is working tonight so we couldn't go out for dinner to night but we are going out tomorrow night for dinner and then a movie. We are hoping to go with Kristy and Bob and Tanya and Tom. Not sure Tanya and Tom can find a baby sitter so waiting for a yes or no from them.

Today was a bit of a busy one for me. Went to the Chiropractor at 7:45am then stopped off at Safeway for a few things. Then went to Tanya's and delivered some little Valentines to the kids that Wendy put together for them. Then went to Kristy's work and dropped of a a little Valentine 's present.  Then went to Rona looking for a light and some hinges which they didn't have and then drove to Home Depot and bought the hinges and the lights. Then headed home and got home about 11:00am. I find it is easier to stay away from our kitchen and all the work going on there. The fellow is doing a real good job but it is hard to watch somebody else do what I used to do or wish i could be doing. Guess that is one of the things about getting old. Realizing that you just can"t do what you used to do. Our old kitchen is starting to look new and different. Walls got painted today and it looks good. I did put the drawers back into the cabinets tonight. Had to put the drawer slides on and adjust them. I am going to help him put the hinges on the doors. I built a shelf for the end of the top cabinet and we put that up today. See I am not totally useless. Ha Ha.
 Well it is getting late and past my bedtime so guess I will pack it in for today. God Bless you and have a great day.


\

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I noticed this afternoon that Pat came downstairs to get you working...ha ha. You can't slack off totally, babe. I love the corner shelf you built - thanks for doing that. The kitchen will look so nice once it is all finished. Thanks for all you've been doing to help that happen. Happy Valentine's Day! I love you.

Kristy said...

Thank you so much for the rose today Dad!! It made my day :)

Love you so much!!
KB

PS - I could have told you that you are not useless!