Friday, March 18, 2011

March18, 2011

What a beautiful day it was here today. Almost made me think that summer is just around the corner. I felt great again today. Have been feeling great for the last 2 1/2 weeks since my treatment.Seem to have most of my energy back and really feel like doing things. This morning I got up about 6:30am and as usual checked my e-mail and face book. Then I read my bible and took a shower and then headed off for my morning coffee. Had coffee and then drove to Lethbridge with a rack that I built for Tanya and Tom for their downstairs closet.I got there and guess what ??? Yup you guessed it wouldn't fit in the closet. I was afraid of that when I built it so I screwed it together just in case I had to tear it down. It only missed by about 1/4 of an inch but that was just enough to make it not fit into the closet. So I got my drill and unscrewed the bottom part and took off the bottom boards and yup it went in. Then I put the shelves in and it really looks good and Tanya was happy with it.
Then I went to the music shop and picked up a new Harmonica that I had ordered and that cost me $150.00. I was afraid it wouldn't come in this week but it did. I am playing a dance tomorrow with Barry at the Army, Navy, Air force Veterans Club here in Lethbridge. I have a Bd  harmonica but it has one bad reed so I ordered a new one. I have 2 of every key just in case I blow a reed. With 2 of each key I can send one in for repair and still play  a job if I have to. I send in about one every 2 months or so depending on how often we play. I have to send them to Wilson's Music in Toronto because that is the only place that replaces reeds. Usually cost about $40.00 per reed plus shipping which is about $15 to $20 dollars depending on how fast I need it. Now all I need is a few more gigs to pay for all this eh? Ok enough about Harmonic's.
Then I went to the Home and Garden show in Lethbridge and walked around there until about 3:10pm. and then headed home. Got home and then had to go do Meals on Wheels this afternoon. Only had  2 meals to deliver but it was fun. Had a chance to chat and tell both of them what church I go to and how God has Blessed me. I only have to do the Meals on Wheel 2 times a month.
Then went to the store and bought some Veg's  for Stir Fries for supper. Wendy got home about 5 and she cooked the stir fries. She always does a good job at that. Think I am going to keep her around. She is cute you know and a good cook and I think she loves me???? I'll let you know right after she reads this blog. ha ha.
Well that was my day. Well almost I just came down and practiced my harmonica's for 2 hours and now just finishing up with this silly Blog.  Better get to bed. I have a long day again tomorrow. Might have to catch a nap in the afternoon as I have to play tomorrow from 8 to 12 midnight. That is kind of late for an old fellow like me eh?
Well God Bless you all and have a great day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I DO love you, honeybun!! What a blessing that you are feeling so well - I continue to pray for complete healing for you, sweetheart. Thank you for all you do around our house and Tanya's - the pantry looks great.