Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 29,2010

Today has been a bit busy but I am enjoying it. First thing this morning I went for coffee with the guys. Then I went to the Home Hardware store and bought a spray can of bright yellow paint. We have a side walk that has lifted over the years right in front of the door at the church and people are tripping over it. Mostly women, I guess the men are high steppers eh? Maybe most of the women are looking to see who is at church and the men are looking where they are going. Ha Ha. Well I had better get off this subject before it bites me eh? Anyway we have a pretty yellow strip there now.

This afternoon me and my dog went out back and pulled some weeds out of the garden. If I could just get that silly dog to pull weeds. She just follows me around. She is losing her eye sight and she can't see the screen door because she walks right into the screen. She is getting old like me. Our flowers are beautiful and my black hollyhocks are in full bloom. Actually I think they are a real dark purple but they look black to me. I have to post a picture of them. Well then I went and sat in the sun for a few minutes and listened to some music. We are playing next Thursday morning at St Michael's Lodge in Lethbridge and they want just instrumental music.

Then I went into the garage and straightened up a a few things and cleaned up a bit .Then went down to the new shed and rearranged some of the bikes to make more room but that didn't work.  I was going to water the flowers but we have a water ban on here in Picture Butte so thought I had better wait.

I came down here in the basement to blog and talked to my daughter Kristy in England for a while then realized it was getting late and still hadn't started supper. Went upstairs just as Wendy got home but I don't think she will fire me. Went looking for some marinade for the chicken and couldn't find any so had to make my own. It turned out really good. We had BBQ ed chicken and corn on the cob. We had supper in our sun room and watched all the little birdies going in and out of our 4 fountains. The birds just love them and the dog too. She thinks they are drinking fountains
.
Well guess I had better end this it is getting too long.
God Bless you all and have a great day.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

The chicken was so good, honey, and what are we going to do when corn is out of season? I love eating in the sun room with you...the garden is so beautiful. And that is 100% thanks to you, as well...thanks for all the weeding and work you do in it.

Poor Maddie...she is getting old...sniff.

Love you!