Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Tuesday evening.

Here it is Tuesday evening already. Where does the time go eh?? Today was a bit of a busy day as usual with a bit of a cold touch to it. This morning when I got up about 6:30am it was -39C outside with a -51C chill factor. Not exactly what you would call warm eh? My poor truck wouldn't start yesterday and it was only -36C sigh. I think the battery is old and near dead. Oh well another $100 for sure. I plugged in the block heater today but didn't bother to try it. Let it set as it's to cold to go anywhere anyway.
Today after coffee I came home and put the little heater I have in the garage on and put some tools in my tool box for this afternoon. Mum was sleeping so I tried to be as quiet as I could. Then at 1pm I went to the United Church and got my H1N1 flu shot. Then went to our church and unloaded the tools.Then came home and changed coat and ripped a couple of pieces of flooring and then walked back to the church and we fixed a couple of doorways. I have to go back tomorrow and finish them up but had to wait until the glue dried before we can put the top part on. Wendy went and got her shot too. At first we were thinking not to get the H1N1 but then Wendy and I decided to do it because of the grand kids. So far my arm isn't even sore. Well we will have to see what tomorrow brings. It has been really too cold to do anything outside. The warmest it got today was -26C. Even the poor dog doesn't want to go out and if she does it ain't for long and she is back at the door.
Wendy and I had supper and then thought that we should watch the last episode of LOST. Wendy ordered the new season. While we were watching we got a phone call from Mryia and she called to tell us the our old friend Bob Cook passed away today about 6 pm.Not sure just how old he was but I think in the middle 80's. We just saw him a couple of weeks ago when we were in Edmonton at Dagmar Tjarts service and we had breakfast with the seniors and Bob and Phyllis were there at A&W and we chatted for a while.
Yesterday I shoveled a bit of snow off of my truck and Pete our Pastor came and helped me. I opened the garage door and when it closed it must have had a bit of ice under it and the trip catch broke off so I'll have to get that fixed. Right now it won't open but it is too cold to open it any way. I should have know better. When it is -36C nothing want to work anyway. Oh well it shouldn't cost to much it is only a small plastic part. I just have to find out where I have to go to get the part.
Wendy made bread yesterday before she went to work so we have lots of bread in our freeze again. This afternoon she made a real good stew. It is always good to have a good big bowl of hot stew after being outside in this kind of weather.
Today I was praying for our daughter Kristy in South Africa . She was graduating tonight at her Bible school at the YWAM. Well it time to hit the old hay so they say. Have a good night.
God Bless you all.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

To quote my honey, "Good blog, sweetie"...lol.


Love you!

Kristy said...

Wow...Dad...seriously...I think you are more busy then I am!!

Sorry about the cold weather you have been having...that does not sound like fun! And I have to say..as much as I miss the snow, I DO NOT miss the -minus weather!!!

I too was sadden to hear about Bob Cook - he will be missed!

Thank you Daddy for praying for me...I couldn't do any of this here without your love, support and prayers!

I love you so much!!
KB