Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dec.16,2009

Wow only 9 more days until Christmas. This year is sure coming to an end fast. Maybe it just seems fast when we stay busy eh?? I have been busy playing my Harmonica with Barry (The Runaway Rascals)that's what he calls us. He used to call himself (Runaway) and now that I have joined him he calls us the Runaway Rascals. We played at Claresholm on Saturday and last night we played at Golden Acres and tonight we play at The Heritage House in Lethbridge. On Friday we play at Tabor and hopefully that's the end for this year.
Tanya ,Tom and the kids are coming over for a sleepover on Christmas eve so that should be lots of fun. Sounds like we will have a busy household for a few days eh? It is always good to have family around the holidays. Guess I had better go shopping for a big turkey and everything else we will need for the dinner. Wendy is off this year so that will be good.
Kristy and Bob will be celebrating Christmas in South Africa and Mandy and Jorge and little Josiah will be celebrating their Christmas with Jorge family in Chile this year.
We will be at our church Christmas Eve for the service. We are attending The E-Free Church here in Picture Butte and we are really enjoying it. The church family is just a great group of people. Wendy and I are really looking forward to this coming year and hopefully becoming more involved at the church.
Our weather is warming up and that's a good thing. The minus 35's and 40's are the pits. When it is that cold it is really not fun out. Nothing wants to work at that temperature including me. Truck didn't start and the trip on my garage door broke(only plastic) must have been a little ice under the door I guess so I'll have to get that fixed so I can open the door.
It sure is quiet around here since the kids went back to Chile. We had a couple of the grand-kids over for a sleep over the other day and that was fun. With Wendy working 12 hour shifts and just me and the dog here (and she don't talk) it is really quiet.
Well today Wendy has to work at 11 am, I should go for coffee with the guys and then I have a chair that our pastor brought over that needs fixing. That should keep me busy until I go play tonight.

Well that's my story and I am sticking to it. God Bless you all and have a great day.
Love you all.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

The good news is that it is +3 out there now, honey - things are thawing out...

It will be a nice Christmas and a different one, for sure, if the Listers are all sleeping over - what fun!!

Love you!

Kristy said...

I agree Dad, this year is coming to an end REALLY FAST! It seems like we just started it!

I am so glad to hear that you are still getting out and playing the harmonica - good for you Dad! I wish I could be there to hear you play - I love listening to you play!

That is fun that Tan, Tom and the kids are sleeping over on Christmas Eve - although watch Tan, she won't be able to sleep all night! LOL!

Bob and I went grocery shopping yesterday and were surprised to find a 7 KG turkey!!! We bought it and we are going to do it with the Salida's on Christmas Eve - I'm going to make stuffing! (seeing as you have taught me!)

I love you and miss you lots Dad - sometimes I wish I could just transport myself to be beside you!

Love you!!
KB