Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30.2009

Where did the month of May go?? They saw April showers bring May flowers but we didn't have any showers in April. We didn't have much rain in May either so guess in order to bring out the June flowers I have to get out my sprinkler eh? Our back yard is still looking pretty nice and the Iris flowers are all starting to bloom. The trees are all getting their leaves and things are really looking green. We planted lots of plants in our flower boxes and they are growing well. I have our garden all planted now thanks to Tanya and the kids. Taom came over the other day and doug doen two holes we need for the footing on our new sun room. He got down to 3 foot on one and almost 2 foot in the other. Lot of root in the one . I went out and bought a post hole digger so when or if he comes back we can hopefully dig down to the 4 foot that we have to go. Poor Tom's hand were getting blisters on them from the shovel handle. He did a great job. Sorry I couldn't help him. I feel terrible just sitting and watching but if I try I get pains in my chest so guess I shouldn't until I get that taken care of. I go for more test on Monday so hopefully that will tell us something. Not sure this doctor knows. I still think it is a blockage but he thinks it is my lungs. Sigh. If he doesn't come up with some good answers soon I think I'll have to call the doctor I had back in Edmonton.
I have been playing a bit on the Harmonica this past week with Barry Kreicks. We played Monday evening at the Garden View Seniors center and then again on Thursday at the Sunrise Village and then last night at Bluesky Lodge. It was fun and I really enjoyed it. Barry seems a real nice guy and lots of fun to play with. He has a lot more confidence in me than I do and just plays any song that comes into his head and says, ok I think you'll know this one it's quite simple. ha ha. Some that he played I have never heard of before but found myself following along. I'll have to get used to his style. He is a really tallented fellow. He plays the keyboard and the guitar and sings. He is coming over and we are going to practice some of his music this weekend. He has a gig in Clarsholm and another in Tabor this coming week.
Wendy is working today 7 to 7 . She has been working out in our back yard and planting lots of new flowers and putting down cedar wood chips. It is good to see her out there enjoying our big back yard.Tonight if it is nice out I am going to lite a fire in one of our pits or our little screened in fire box that Bob and Kristy bought us when we were out at the lake. We haven't had a fire in it yet since we moved down here.
Well I think I will walk down to the Sports center here and see what the 4H kids are doing. There is lots of calves and cows there so guess I'll go (check or cheque) it out. Guess in Canada it is cheque right???
Have a great day and God Bless you all.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You are so funny...cheques are the pieces of paper in my wallet that I seldom write on...

Yeah, I saw them out by the fire station washing cows this morning at 6:15 and wondered what was going on...ha ha

A fire sounds nice! See you tonight!

I love you...

a Christian said...

NIce to hear your news, Floyd. Hope you're soon feeling better -- there's nothing worse than being on the side just watching others do everything, is there? Especially with someone as active as yourself!

Love from all of us,

Derrick