Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patricks Day

Well here it is St Patrick's day and I wonder how many people are dress in green. I do have a green shirt on today. Just by chance. ha ha.I have been just puttering around the house most of the day. Oh I did put up a new thermometer. Yesterday we bought an indoor outdoor thermometer so I had to put the transmitter up out side by our front door. It seems to work well so far. Oh and I took down the rest of our Christmas light that we had on the front of our house. I had to wait until the ice melted off our sidewalk so I could put the ladder up. Good excuse eh?? Yesterday Wendy and I went to Lethbridge and we bought a new flat top stove. They are delivering it tomorrow .The one we have is only 4 years old but it was not a flat top. We had a flat top in our old house and we both just loved it.
We looked at lawn tractors but they are a bit big for what I need. Maybe I should be just looking at a self propelled lawn mower. I probably need to walk more anyway.
We are looking at adding on to our back room and making it larger. I have been trying to figure out about how much that will cost. The room we have now is nice but it really would be nicer if you could sit out there and see the back yard. We have big ideas and who knows just maybe we will be able to do it this year. I might have to hire some body to dig the ground out for the footing's and then I could lay the block and do the carpentry work over the summer. Maybe I could talk a couple of my son in laws into doing a bit of digging for me eh? Oh well it gives us something to look forward to. The room now is about 6ft. by 14ft. so I would only need about 8ftt by 14ft addition. That would make it about 14 ft. square and put glass onthe back wall and the one side.
Well Wendy is off today and tomorrow so maybe I should get going and see what she wants to do. Bye for now and God Bless you all.

2 comments:

a Christian said...

I'm wondering what you folks call a "flat-top" stove? What shape are stoves normally, in Alberta? Curved on top, like a black hill? Bowl-shaped, like a built-in wok?

I can't remember seeing anything but a flat-top stove! Anyway, if YOU'RE happy, I'm happy. :)

Nice readin' you, Floyd!

Wendy said...

ROTFLOL at D's comment! See my blog later on today and I'll post photos of both... You need to get "edumacated"...ha ha....