Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Morning and so far all is well?

Well can you believe it? 6 years ago today I retired from Superior Lumber. Feb.28 was my last day in 2003. Wow how time does fly. It was 7 years ago today that I gave them my notice that I was going to retire in one year.
Ok enough about that I guess. Today I am home alone AGAIN. Wendy is in Medicine Hat with 3 other girls from Lethbridge taking a course for the Lethbridge Police department on dispatching. She will be home Sunday evening sometime.
It is about (-7 ) outside and the sun is out. Hope it melts some of our snow and ice. My front step is one patch of ice. I just went out in my garage and started the heaters. I have a few things that I want to do there today.
Yesterday I didn't do much. Never went out of the house. Sat here on this stupid computer and looked at garden tractors, keyboards and drum machines. Practice my harmonicas a bit and checked my e-mails and that was my day except for cooking a few things to eat.
Today there is lots of things that I could be doing but not sure how much will get done. So far I have checked my e-mail, checked face book, watched a short video of Josiah that Mandy posted and called my brother in Florida. Oh I did call my wife at 7:30 this morning to tell her I love her. I haven't checked the TV yet today but I'm guessing that there is a race on for sure. I do enjoy the car races. Well if I don't get off this old computer I won't get the few little things I want to do done and I won't get to watch the TV. I think I'll eat out today but not sure Lunch or Supper. I hate eating out by myself. Oh well the grand kids have a birthday party at the church maybe I'll stop in there about 3:30 this afternoon. I hear they are having cup cakes and Erie said I could come and have one. She was making them last night. She is such a cutie.
Well that is it for today. I pray that you will all have a great day and God Bless you all..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Dad...hard to believe it's been 6 years since you retired...you are right, time just flies by so fast!

Sorry you are all alone this weekend! Going out to eat sounds like fun, but I agree with you..eating by yourself is not fun! Oh, well - knowing you, you might meet someone you know!

Enjoy the girls party..wish I could be there for that!

Love you Dad, miss you lots!

KB

xoxoxo

Wendy said...

Did you go out to eat? I'm sorry I wasn't there - I'll be glad when this training is over so we can enjoy my 4 days off again...

I missed you and am glad to be home! Thanks for doing the drawers in the kitchen - it sure looks nice....

I love you!

a Christian said...

Here I am doing much the same as you, Uncle F. But I'm going to bed now. Nice to read your blogs once in awhile so I thought I should say so.

With all the junk there is on the web it's nice to read some simple activity. Did you get my email of last week -- you didn't answer yet. :-)

Derrick