Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Well here is is almost April. I have been sick most of the time since we got back with a cough that I can't seem to get rid of. I went back to the doctor today. I think it has him puzzled. I seem to be getting a bit better but still cough quite often.

I was feeling pretty good on March 22 nd. and I did my first SOLO gig at the Old timers  Senior Club here in Picture Butte. The guy I used to play with hasn't had any job lately. Anyway the people seem to enjoy my playing. I downloaded some background sound tracts and then just played them on my (NEW Ipod ) through my amp. It sounded good and I was happy with that. Wendy did all the downloading and she sat it up for me. Don't know what I would do with out her. She is a real sweetie. She even operated the Ipod for me at the Senior center that night. I'll get it one of these days but I am a little slow at it. I'm getting better everyday at it and am really enjoying that little thing. Oh well me and the new technology don't get along so well some times but I'm learning.

Sure do miss my dog but that another story. We put old Matty down about a week before we left for Chile. She was about 16 and was having trouble with her back legs and was almost totally blind. She had trouble going up and down our few steps that she had to do get in the house. Starting to tear up so lets just say that I sure do miss her.

Wendy has been working so much since we got back. I don't see much of her. Not only long shifts but crazy ones too. A lot of people have been calling in sick so she had got lots of hours in. She works so much and then comes home and goes walking for 2 klms. almost every night.

Wendy and I are leading a Truth Project Program and next week is our last session. We have an awesome bunch of people doing it with us. God has just been working in all of us through this program. There is 6 couples counting us. What and awesome church family they are.

Well not much more to say so I close for now. God Bless you all and have a great day.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay...an update! Kristy will be glad to see it. I'm so glad we got you the iPod and you are doing very well at operating it. Next time you probably won't even need me :-(

I'm sorry about Maddie, honey. I miss her, too, but I know that you and she had a stronger friendship and she was good company for you out in the yard.

Let's pray that my full-time position comes soon so I can have those four days off. That will be great... I miss you when I work so much.

I love you, babe!

Kristy said...

I agree with Mum!!

Yay, an update!! Thanks so much for updating, I love reading your blog.

I too am SO proud of you for doing your first solo gig, I knew you could do it and do it awesome!! I know all the people enjoyed it.

I am sorry too about Maddie, it was hard to see her go and I'm sure the house is quiet without her :(

I hope and pray that Mum will get that full time position too :)

Love you so much Daddy!!

KB