Monday, December 26, 2011

Well here it is The day after Christmas or as it is know around here (Boxing Day). The day when the stores offer some great deals and some not so great deals. ha ha. It seems to be a real big thing in this ares.I haven't been shopping on Boxing day in a real long time. One reason is I am not that fond of large pushy crowds and another is I really don't need anything.
Well today is is only +3-C ( or 38 F) (for you guys in the States) out and just a little wind and we have  NO snow.  It really doesn't look like Christmas but nothing we can do about it.
 Yesterday Tanya and Tom and the kids came over after Church. We celebrated our Christmas on the 19th. With Kristy and Bob, Tanya and Tom and the kids. I had a Ham in the oven when they got here and we had a great dinner with the Ham and all the trimmings. The kids were all excited because they opened their stocking at home before going to church. They had to show us what they got and couldn't understand why Gram and Papa didn't do stockings. ha ha. Wendy and I didn't buy each other gifts this year as we are going to Chile in 2 weeks and that is our Christmas present to each other. We sure are going to miss these grand kids while we are gone for 6 weeks.
 Wendy is working until 7 pm. tonight so I might go in and spend a little time with Tanya, Tom and the kids. Not much to do in Picture Butte.
We had our Christmas evening service at our church on Saturday evening. The church was full. After church I was invited over to our friends Darryl and Selena Brouwer. Wendy was at work. They had lots and lots of good food and there was 13 of us there. Good food and fellowship.
 It seems like all I have been doing for the last week is eating and of course lots of sweets. Yesterday I didn't feel so good but seem to be fine today.
Well I hope and pray that you all had a great Christmas. Now the new year is coming that will probably be more good food. ha ha. No since trying to loose a few pounds  until this is all over. ha ha.
I pray that you will all have a Happy New Year.  God Bless you all.

Here is a picture Wendy took while we were in the States last year.






2 comments:

Derrick said...

Happy new year to you, Floyd! Keep healthy, stay alive and stay fit.

D

Wendy said...

I love that photo of you, honey. Good blog...it was a busy but fun Christmas.