Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011

Wow February 28.  It was 8 years ago today that I retired. Time just seem to fly. It don't seem like 8 years but guess it is. When I think back and realize all that happened in the last 8 years it makes sense. For the first 4 years I spent most of my summers at lake  Lac Saint Ann about 3/4 of an hour North West of Edmonton. I really enjoyed that and Wendy and I had lots of fun and relaxing times out there. We had our tent trailer out there and after about a year we bought a 17 ft. trailer which I have parked out back of my house here. I am hoping that we can do some camping this summer but not sure how that will work .

Well lets see I went to Bolivia with Mandy and a group from Beulah in 2003 right after I retired.. Then in 2005 went on another mission trip with the Alliance Men to Poland. We traveled to South Africa  to visit Kristy and Bob. I think that was 2006 and then in 2007 we went to Chile for Mandy and Jorge's wedding in Chile.   ( Their second one.)

Then I found out that I has Prostate cancer and went through an operation.Then we sold our home in Edmonton and moved here to Picture Butte in 2008. Things sure have changed in the past few years. We now have 8 grandchildren and one on the way. The oldest is 13 and the youngest is about 1.

The last 3 winters have been the pits. So much for the sunny south. I guess the whole world is having  bad weather of some kind.
Wendy has been working lots and I have been doing very little. She is going to have a hip replacement in April so today I lowered our bed because they said that after the operation she wouldn't be able to get up in our bed which was a real high one. When I built the bed frame I glued and screwed it really well and to take it apart was a real chore but I did it . It took me all day. Well that was my day to day.

God bless you all and have a great day.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love you, sweetheart. Thanks for lowering the bed, even though it looks really weird!

We'll take everything one day at a time with the Lord, right?

Kristy said...

Dad!!

I love it when you blog I love reading it!!

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since you have retired!! I am so glad that you have gotten to enjoy your retirement and keep yourself busy!

I can't even imagine you having a low bed, does it feel weird? I know it is a huge blessing for Mum though and that is just so sweet of you!

I sure do love you Daddy and love spending time with you...maybe this summer we can all go camping together some weekend?

Love you!!
Hugs and kisses!!

KB