Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday November 17th,2009

Wow where did the year go???
Lots of things happening around here, almost to much. Mandy is packing or trying to. She has a big job ahead of her trying to decide what to take, what to leave, what she might need or what she does need. Glad it's not me. And she has to get whatever she is taking in 4 suit cases.ahahahhhhhhhh. Not sure how she is going to be able to get through the airports with 4 large suit cases, a carry on or 2 and a little boy that wants to run and play. I think she need a lot of prayer for sure. Also please pray that her Van will sell before she goes so they can buy another car in Chile.
Well yesterday I curled for the first time this year. They charge us Seniors $70 for the year. Nov. to March and we can curl on Monday's, Wed. and Friday. Yesterday only 7 guys showed up but I am sure that we will get about 14 guys once we get going.The weather was really nice yesterday so I think that kept a lot of guys out doing other things. I threw some really good rocks. Surprised myself.
Today Mandy and Wendy went to Lethbridge to do some last minute shopping I guess and get some things that Mandy needs before she leaves. It sure is going to be hard to see them go.We will be back to just the 2 of us and the dog in this big old house.Guess it wasn't big enough eh? We added a 14x14 sun-room. ha ha.
We are going back to Edmonton on Saturday morning to go to the memorial for Dagmar Tjart. We will probably leave about 5:30 am. go to the church and then right after the service head back here. We want to spend as much time with Mandy and Josiah as we can.
Today we have the Pastor(Peter)and his wife (Mary) and their new little baby boy coming for dinner at about 5pm. We have a roast that I am going to put in the oven about 2.Well guess I should get going and bake a cake and it is getting late. We had Tanya, Tom and the kids over on Sunday for supper and Adriana stayed over and went back home yesterday.She is such a sweetie.
Got a fried that just called and said he is going to stop in aroun 1 so I had better end this .
Well got to go . Bless you all and have a great day.

2 comments:

Derrick said...

Hi there, Floyd! Funny to read about curling -- I haven't curled in years and years! Sounds like you have a pretty good deal, though, with a yearly membership like that.

Good reading your news!

God bless you,
Derrick

Kristy said...

Wow...sorry Dad, just noticed you updated your blog now! Of course we will be praying for Mandy and Josiah...and that the van will sell.

Wow..curling already..seems like you just stopped for the year - last year...has it been a year already? Wow..time just flies!

Regarding the sun room - I love it! Last time Mum and I talked on skype, she showed it to me. Awesome - great job Dad!

I love you so much Dad...
(and miss you!)
KB