Friday, January 30, 2009

Back from Florida and all is well???????

Hi. Well we are back from Florida and we had a wonderful time visiting family and friends.Funny how it works? It is nice to go on holidays but also nice when you come home to.
Well let me tell you about our holidays. We had a good trip to Calgary and left the car at a park and ride place at the airport.We had plenty of time and finely got on the plane and headed East. When we went thru customs in Toronto the officer asked us where we were going and we told him Florida and he laughed and asked if we had read the weather report lately. sigh He said they were getting cold weather.We got to Florida and my sister met us at the airport and took us to her house. They weather was cool but we thought it was nice. Everyone in Florida thought it was terrible. The first day my sister went to work and gave us her car. We came home and went swimming in the pool at her place and guess what? We were the only ones there. One guy walked by stopped, looked, shook his head and walked on. It was a bit cool but the water was beautiful.We went back the next day and really enjoyed it. After that it got really cool and temperature's dropped down to 28 F in the morning but was still a lot warmer then Picture Butte.We kept telling our selves this .
We stayed with Sis for 4 days and had a great time talking about old times and finding out what was happening in her and Renee's life.Then we drove to my brother and sister in-laws home in Beverly Hills. They have a beautiful home with pool and all. Sis stayed for 4 days and then she had to go back to work.We visited my aunt Wayna who I haven't seen in 12 years. She is 82 and lives with her daughter Linda and her husband John. They also have a beautiful home with a pool but because of the weather we didn't get to swim after Sisters pool. Sigh.
My brother David and his wife flew down from Dover Planes so we had almost all the family there.
It really was a fantastic time for me. One day we all met at my sister in-laws sister house and had like a Hugh party,cook out, BBQ or what ever you call it. Aunt Lorries 2 sister were there and it was lots of fun getting to know them all. Again another beautiful home with a beautiful pool.We stayed with my brother Merlin and his wife Betty until the 26th. then went back and stayed with Sis for the last couple of days.
It seemed every time we got off a plane I felt bad. Short of breath, couldn't walk to fast and a bit of tightness in my chest. I couldn't carry anything.I felt bad for Wendy as she carried both carry ons at the airports.Not sure if it was the altitude or what but had the same problem coming home. I have been feeling a little bad before we left and I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow for blood work and then on Monday I go see him about this. Before we left I felt bad but blamed it on the new med's I'm taking.( Lipitor).
Anyway we did have a great time down there. It was almost like a family reunion. 2 Brothers, a sister, 2 sister in laws, a niece,an aunt and her daughter (my cousin) and her husband.We also met 2 of my sister in-laws sisters and my sister friend Libby and her 2 daughters.While we were there some old friends Bob Tabor and Nancy and Adrian came over to see us.
Well I should probably get to bed it is 4:10 am and I have a busy day today and Wendy has to go to work at this morning. Guess we are back to the old schedule eh?
God has blessed us again with a great holliday and I just got and e-mail that our old friend Dave Tjart is home after a tripple by pass operation. Oh and this morning I got a call from a friend and I am going with him and some other guys to a bible study camp tonight at 6pm.
Well God Bless you all and thats my story and I am sticking to it. Love ya all

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow...Daddy...sounds like you guys had a great time in Florida! So happy for you! That's so awesome that you got to see Uncle Dave and Aunt Lori - and also Aunt Wayna - that is so awesome!!

Sorry to hear you havent felt that good - We will be praying for you!

Love you and miss you lots Daddy!!

KB

Wendy said...

It was a good, relaxing time, wasn't it, babe? I enjoyed every second of it - mostly because I was by your side!!

I'm sorry you are not feeling well - you should have woken me when you were blogging at 4 a.m.! We'll get you to a doctor asap and find out what is going on.

God is great and so good... I love you!