Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Aug.5,2008

Well it's been a while so guess I should do a bit of blogging. Last month was a busy one with lots of company and birthday parties and now things should start to slow down a bit.
Well last week Jorge's dad and sister went home and on Friday I went to Edmonton and helped my sister in-law move.I drove back on Sunday and got home about 6pm. She has a lovely apartment in the north side of Edmonton. On Monday this week we decided to go on a picnic with Tanya, Tom and the kids and Mandy and Jorge and little Josiah. We went to Police Outpost Prov. Park. Kind of a small lake stocked with Rainbow Trout and a beautiful view of the Rockey Mountains. We first went to another place but it didn't have a beach for the kids so off we went in search for Police Out Post Park.It took us a while to get there but it was well worth it. Lots of gravel road driving and lots of dust in the back of my truck. This morning I got up cooked a couple of eggs and then headed off to have coffee with the guys. After that I came home and raked up some branches from the lawns.I couldn't believe how high the grass was and it did need mowing. Our lawns are 4 times as large as our old one in Edmonton. Here we have actually 4 lawns and today it took me quite a while as it was pretty high.Then I cleaned 3 of our fountains and they really needed that. Then after trimming everything up I unloaded my poor old truck which still had the boat, 2 kayaks, all the life jackets, small portable grill, paddles, anchor, base ball gloves, pails, 6 folding lawn chairs.some fire wood , just in case eh? and what everelse you can think of . Didn't realize how much stuff we took along. We unloaded the cooler and all the excess food last night.
Wendy had to work this morning and just got home after 5 this evening.
I still haven't really looked into finding another music group but maybe I try to look this coming week. There is another Jam session this Sunday and maybe I will go to it if I have time.I believe they meet at Lethbridge but not sure just where it is. Then next week (the 3 Sunday of the month) it is back at Shauneshy where I went last month. Maybe this fall something will come up and I can find a group. Who knows??
Well that about I I can think of to write right now. So God Bless you all and have a great day.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for doing all that yard work, Hon - it looks great!

We'll keep looking for a group for you...hopefully soon...

Kristy said...

Hi Daddy...glad to see you updating! I will be praying you find a group soon or at least someone you can play with..although, we all know you are the best harmonica player!!

Love you!!
KB

The Million Dollar Family! said...

Hey Daddy!! I hope that you find a group to play with. It is nice that you have found some guys to have coffee with though! Sounds like you are enjoying the new yard and house. Work is never done hey?! I love you... Myria