Thursday, April 19, 2012

April19,2012
Guess it is time I updated this old Blog eh?? Well today should be a good day to do this. I am not feeling so great because I had another treatment yesterday. I just got instructions from my wife to just put my feet up as it is not so nice outside. A bit of rain at the moment. Well my feet are not exactly up but  typing shouldn't be to much of a strain on me eh? I don't remember what I talked about on my last blog.
God has been so good to us and I found out yesterday that the last PSA test was really good. It is back to 0 which is normal. The doctor is saying that the treatments are doing the job but I think the Lord is allowing the treatments to do the job.
Well I do have some good news. Last week Wendy and I went truck shopping. We have been looking for about 2 weeks I guess. We looked at quite a few really nice ones and then a week ago on Monday we went to Davis GMC in Lethbridge to look at one we looked at before but didn't drive and was in our limit of what we were thinking of spending. When we got there Russ the salesman informed us that they had sold the one we were interested in. We thanked him and decided to leave but being a good salesman he said (hey) let me show you another one I have with about the same mileage but just a little bit higher. We said no thanks. that we were ok but he said that they were having a sale on and that this one had been marked down for the show to almost what the other one was and was 2 years newer and has about the same mileage.(93000)klms. Well you know how that works so off we go to look at this one. It was a Red Dodge Ram with a Hemi (V-8) with a quad cab. I must say at first sight it was a right pretty looking truck. Well we took it for a drive and fell in love with it. So to continue the story I (We) are the proud owners of this pretty Red Dodge. Old Bert was a nice pickup but didn't have much power and no power steering and just a small cab. We wanted something bigger and I had old Bert for 10 or 11 years, so it was time to get something that will pull our old trailer. I really love driving the new truck which needs a new name. The grand kids really like it to.
Well God is good. Sitting here writing this silly old blog and I am feeling much better. I feel like a good old cup of Old Earl grey tea. Yesterday I went to Lethbridge and ordered running boards and a cap for it.

Not much to else to write about so guess I close for today. God Bless you all and have a great day.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Well, well! Look at you, going all new and smooth-looking on your blog!! I love the new look, honey - it was time for a change.

Your hunking-big truck looks amazing and I am so glad you finally relented and agreed to buy a newer one. This one is amazing...all he needs now is a name ;-)

I am so thankful re the PSA and agree that the Lord has been gracious and faithful in His healing sent our way. I thank Him for every day we have together. I love you!!

Kristy said...

Ok reading this again, made me realize I did read it before...I must have just forgot to comment!! LOL

Sorry Dad!

Your truck is awesome and I am so glad you were able to get it!!

Like Mum, I am also thankful for the PSA...God is so good!!

Love you!!
KB