Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 17,2011
Guess it is about time I updated this old blog eh? Well I have to just thank my God for my health, family and friends.
I have been feeling real good for the last few weeks. I have my garage all cleaned and can now get our new car in at night. It is a lot nicer for Wendy when she is working to just go out and get in a car that has been inside all night. However it has a real good heater and heated seats, heated windshield and rear window, heated rear view mirrors, and hands free phone and it is an automatic transmission that you can also shift it manually. Oh and you can start it with the push of a button on your key chain. Never thought that I would own one like this one. It is really nice and I enjoy driving it. Things ain't like they used to be. Makes me not want to get into my old pickup anymore with nothing power not even the steering. Ha Ha.
My garage looks really nice and I have put arborite on the benches. I can find almost everything I need now. ha ha.
We are busy at the church now with the Christmas play coming up  and all the practices with that. I have a part in that plus am helping with the building of the set too.
I have our yard all cleaned up for the winter and it looks good. Still have 2 tree stumps that I have to load on my trailer one day when I get some help but took all the branches to the dump. I did it just before it started getting cold.
My friend Darryl came over and helped me put up the drywall in our entrance way. Tomorrow I am going to put some mud and tape on it.
I have to go practice some songs on my Harmonica tomorrow at 10am. for the Seniors birthday  on the 24th. of this month. They have a men's  choir that will be singing but they don't want to sing for a full hour so they will sing for a while and then I'll play for a bit and then they will come back and sing again. They are all older fellows (my age and older) and to stand up and sing for an hour must be too much on them I guess. Oh well it should be fun.I'll be playing a few Christmas songs.
Then on Dec. 2nd. Barry and I are playing for the Seniors Christmas party. They have a full catered dinner and then a dance after.
Tomorrow night I am going bowling with a bunch of guys for a stag party for my friend Darryl who is getting married next week.

Well I guess I'll call it a night and end this silly old blog. Have a great day and my God Bless you all.





3 comments:

Derrick said...

Nice picture of your workshop, Floyd. I wish I could get mine even half as organized as that! Glad to hear you're doing well ... it's nice to hear from you from time to time.

Love from us all,

Derrick

Wendy said...

I agree, good photo, honey! You have done such a wonderful job organizing everything - even I can find things now! Ha ha...don't worry, I won't touch anything.

I love you! I'm excited about going to the Christmas dinner with you on the 2nd.

Kristy said...

I third that..I like the picture too!

Once again, you are so busy...you make me look bad! LOL

Love you Daddy!