Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday afternoon. It has been a good day.


Wow it's been a long time since I blogged. Well today was a real special day for me. I was up on a scaffold insulating my garage ceiling when I got a phone call from CKVN (Shamus ) telling me that I won the Starfield tickets to the concert. So Wendy and I are going to the Guest house for dinner with Shamus and then to the Starfield concert. Sure sounds like fun eh? Last Sunday Adriana came to my house after church and said we should take a picture for the Starfield concert contest that Shamus was doing on CKVN. When we have the radio on in the house or in my garage or in the truck it is always on CKVN- 98.1. I really enjoy the music they play. So my sweetie and I are going to the concert on Monday at 5:30pm. with Shamus. I met Shamus at a church BBQ about a month ago. Not sure he'll remember me. I really enjoy the music he plays every day. Wendy just came home from Calgary and it is good to have her home. I really missed her for the 3 days she was gone. When I'm home alone I find myself talking to the dog alot and I'm not sure that is good. haha. She never says much so I answer for her. She is a good old dog. She sure misses the kids now that they have moved.
Mandy, Jorge and little Josiah are on their way down her for the weekend. We sure do miss them around here. We are all going to celebrate Tanya and Isabella's birthday. Tanya is -- and Isabella is 1. If you want to know how old Tanya you'll have to ask her. She is not very old for sure. Tanya's birthday was on Tuesday.
Well I finished insulating my garage and then I went out and mowed our 4 lawns then went back in a straightened up the garage. Now I have to get Tom or Jorge to help me put up some OSB board on the ceiling. I can't do that by myself. We I probably could but then I have to build a dead man and it still wouldn't be easy as the garage is over 12 feet high.Oh a dead man is a stick that looks like a tee but using it on a scaffold is not easy and i would have to work of a ladder because the scaffold is only 8 feet long. It can be done but is a bit dangerous for an old man like me.
Tomorrow morning Wendy and I are going with the Alliance Church Seniors on an outing . I think we are going to Gault Museum and then to a lunch at a golf course somewheres. It should be fun and it will be the first one with the seniors since we moved down here. Hopefully we well meet lots of new people. Ok I think this is getting to long. Have a great day and God Bless all of you.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I think I've been a "dead man" for you before....ha ha.

I'll have to look at the garage in the morning to see all that you have done. I missed you, too, it's good to be home...

Thanks for doing the lawns - they look beautiful!

Wendy said...

OH! I forgot to comment on the contest!! Good job! I'm looking forward to going with you....

Kristy said...

Wow...good job on winning the tickets Dad...what kind of music is Starfield..isn't rock?? LOL!
I guess I will have to goggle them...but have fun! I know you and Mum will...how come Mum was away...maybe I will go check her blog :-)

Love you and miss you lots..have fun with the family this weekend...wish we were there!

Love,
KB